Waze GPS for iOS has been updated with a completely new design that features a new minimalist user interface.
When you download Waze, you not only get a free traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time, and improve everyone's daily commute!
* Live community-contributed traffic information and road reports + notification when approaching police traps, speed cams, heavy traffic or hazards on the road
* Free traffic by-passing navigation featuring voice-guided, turn-by-turn guidance
* A 100% live map + real-time road monitoring & automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
* Ability to create or join local driving groups, plus the option to link up with other drivers for carpooling
* Foursquare, Twitter & Facebook integrations, plus fun, geo-gaming elements
What's New In This Version:
· Complete redesign featuring new, minimalist U/I with two large main buttons on a full screen map
· 100% rewritten code making the app run faster, smoother and respond much quicker than ever before
· New search fully integrated with Yelp, foursquare and Bing allowing you to search for, navigate to and check-in at real-time destinations you might not otherwise know about
· Full text-to-speech (US and Canada only)
· New day/night map color schemes
· Wall in Waze Groups allowing commuting buddies to interact with one another more easily
· Smart ETA and graphic preview of events along route
· New Waze moods
· Map preview when selecting destination for the first time
· ETA pop up when anything changes along your route
· 'Swipe' gesture shortcuts to main menu and traffic reporting
You can download Waze GPS from the App Store for free.
I personally love and use this app daily, on my commute to work. It's a free voice guided turn by turn navigation app, a need to have app!
Send us a story or tip @ TipsForLimerain.email@example.com and follow our pages for the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
And like our Facebook page www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4