Looxcie has announced the availability of its iPhone compatible wearable camcorder at Best Buy.
Initially launched in September 2010, Looxcie (look-see) is the first small, light, easy-to-wear camcorder that videos everything the user sees. A Bluetooth-enabled headset, Looxcie fits comfortably on the ear and points where the user looks. Because it is always on, always videoing, users never have to worry about pressing a record button or missing a key event. When an unexpected event occurs, a press of the instant clip button captures the last 30 seconds of video and stores it as a video clip on the device. When paired with an iPhone, the phone becomes both a view-finder and an accessory that lets users share video clips by email, post to Facebook or upload to YouTube in real-time.
Looxcie for iPhone is compatible with any iPhone running iOS 4.2 and is available beginning today at Bestbuy.com and Amazon.com for a suggested retail price of $199. Looxcie also operates with the majority of Android 2.0 and higher smartphones, with support for additional smartphone operating systems forthcoming. A complete list of compatible phones is available at www.looxcie.com/looxcie-app.html.
Additional Product Features & Specs:
● Fully adjustable fit for comfort and view refinement
● Lightweight: less than 28g (1 oz.)
● Always on battery life allows up to 4 hrs of continuous video use
● 6+ hours of continuous talk time when the video capability is not on
● Clips are time stamped and stored in a clip register as MP4 files
● On-board storage of up to 4 hrs of video and hundreds of instant clips (3 hrs of clips)
● Stored video drops off on FIFO basis for any material unsaved as clips
● 15 FPS, HVGA resolution camera
● Bluetooth Class 2 (2.5mW) for up to 10 meters range
● 480mAh Li Po battery for extended record and talk times
● ROHS compliant manufacturer
● DSP optimized for clear, crisp audio
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4